The Infant Program (0-3 yrs)
Our 0-3 Infant Program aims to provide parents with the opportunity to engage with their child in a calm, nurturing Montessori environment.
Our Infant Program aims to:
- Nurture the interests, curiosity and developmental needs of children 0-3 years of age.
- Provide stimulating, hands-on and practical activities that develop skills of independence while engaging with others in a caring environment. We utilise a combination of specialised Montessori equipment and activities adapted to the principles of Montessori education.
- Lay the foundations of future learning by developing a broad range of skills to foster independence, self-discipline and concentration while also educating the senses (e.g. visual, auditory, tactile).
- Support parents in understanding the developmental needs of their young children.
- Engage parents in furthering their understanding of Montessori Education, its philosophy and application.
The Transition Program (2-3 yrs)
Our Preschool Transition Program aims to familiarise parents and their child with the environment, work habits and routines of the Pre-school.
Our Preschool Transition Program provides:
- A 2½ hour session that is aimed specifically for the age group extending their learning from that which has been offered in the Infant Program, and catering for their developmental needs.
- A structure and routine that mirrors those of the Preschool classroom.
- An opportunity for independence to be fostered in a supported caring environment.
- Opportunities for Transition children and parents to visit the Preschool and familiarise themselves with the classroom, routines and staff.
- An environment where the ‘spark of learning’ can be fostered.
- Support for parents in understanding and catering for the developmental needs of their child and the Montessori philosophy and methodology.